A woman’s hair is her ‘crowning glory’. Hair is our best expression of personality and our best accessory. Needless to say, it is very important to take care of our crown. Lush, thick hair is almost every girl’s dream. But pollution and the constant use of styling tools and colorants damage the hair and make it weak, thin, and dry. With winters settling in, it has become even more difficult to manage. There was a time when Sunday champis or hair oil massages with our mothers and grandmothers were a ritual. Those are hard to do now with hectic lifestyles.
However, you can always opt for a hair spa and rejuvenate your hair.
Our expert Shafayra Ahmed – the founder of Fira’s Make Up Academy based in Mumbai – talks about doing Hair Spa at home in just six easy steps, to take care of your hair, be it dry or oily:
- Make partitions of your hair, roughly into three to four divisions.
- For dry scalp massage olive oil (or any other organic oil) into your scalp in a circular motion and gently work it down to the tips of your hair. For oily scalp mix 2 spoons of olive oil, 2 spoons of lemon juice, 1 spoon baking soda and half a spoon of plain curd. Massage it till you feel that all the oil is absorbed into the scalp.
- Steam your hair for about 10 minutes by placing a lidded pot of hot water on the table or wrap up your hair with a squeezed hot towel and keep it for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a mild sulphate- free shampoo. Avoid shampoos with chemicals or preservatives in them.
- After 10 minutes, once again dip your towel in water, squeeze out excess water and wrap your hair with the damp towel.
- Let it dry naturally and then comb it as per your style.
Be sure to oil your hair at least once a week whether your hair is dry or oily, since winters can make your skin and hair scalp dry and itchy.
Easy right? Trust me it is effective too!
Tune in for more such tips and tricks that can be done at home to take care of your Crowning Glory!!
In addition to this, don’t forget the regular tricks like:
- Having a healthy, protein rich diet.
- Avoiding hot water for washing hair.
- Never brushing your hair when it is still wet.
- Trimming them regularly.
- Letting your hair towel dry naturally, whenever possible.
- Using organic hair packs regularly.
And if you struggle with frizzy hair, do check out our special tips in Frizzy Hair – Cry for Nourishment.
Have a Lovely Hair Day!
*All images used in this article are either Eyra’s own design or widely and freely available on the internet.*